Terrain at Big Red Cats
After 10 continuous years of development and opening more terrain each year - we are one of the biggest cat operations in the world. It takes our new guides 2 full seasons of skiing every day to ski all the main runs in our area. We offer:
- 8 main mountains - numerous ridges and sub-peaks
- Over 500 named runs (and a bunch of unnamed runs) - 40% expert, 40% advanced, and 20% intermediate
- 220km of snowcat roads - largest snowcat road network in the world (you can't ski it unless you have a snowcat road!)
- 47 drainages - in each drainage there are 5-15 runs
- Altitude range 7300 ft - 4,000ft
- Average run length 1,400 vertical ft
- 19,300 acres of terrain
- Longest run 3,400 vert ft (but practically most days we ski up to 2,600 vert ft as the longest to manage turn-around times).
In the Foreground is the base of Red Mountain - in the background is the 8 main Mountains that we ski and ride at Big Red Cats. The area is huge!
This is a small part of Neptune Bowl - it is open but still with some trees - we ski this type of terrain about 30% of the time.
Tree and Glade skiing - this is our bread and Butter skiing we ski this about 40% of the time. This type of terrain never gets weather out and the snowquality always is excellent because it is protected from the sun and wind.
Hard to see from the angle - but this is really steep skiing - top parts of the photo are 45 degrees.
Plutonic bowl - more glade skiing.
Glade skiing in Plutonic Bowl