Terrain at Big Red Cats
After 12 continuous years of development and opening more terrain each year - we are one of the biggest cat operations in the world. It takes our new guides 2 full seasons of skiing every day to ski all the main runs in our area. We offer:
- 8 main mountains - numerous ridges and sub-peaks
- Over 500 named runs (and a bunch of unnamed runs) - 40% expert, 40% advanced, and 20% intermediate
- 220km of snowcat roads - largest snowcat road network in the world (you can't ski it unless you have a snowcat road!)
- 47 drainages - in each drainage there are 5-15 runs
- Altitude range 7300 ft - 4,000ft (Most runs are at between 1500m - 2200m)
- Average run length 1,400 vertical ft
- 19,300 acres of terrain
- Longest run 3,400 vert ft (but practically most days we ski up to 2,600 vert ft as the longest to manage turn-around times).
In the foreground is the base of Red Mountain - in the background is the 8 main Mountains that we ski and ride at Big Red Cats. The area is huge!
This type of Glade skiing is our bread and butter terrain - we can ski it anytime in any condition.
This is typical of the tree skiing that we can do.
This is a run called baywindow - still some trees but pretty open
This is a run called BergFuhrers
This is part of the Bermuda area
Some Intermediate terrain
Hard to see from the angle - but this is really steep skiing - top parts of the photo are 45 degrees.