Adults C$550/seat weekdays C$599/seat weekends
Students with a paying adult (age 12-22) $499 weekdays $550 weekends
Private Cat $6000 plus $20/person for separate bills
Adults C$475/seat weekdays and 499/seat weekends
Students with a paying adult (age 12-22) $425/seat and 449/seat (Sat & Sun)
Private Cat C$5,000 plus $20/person for separate bills
Low season is from 20 Dec to 18 Jan, and from 11 to 28 Mar.
High season is from 19 Jan to 10 Mar
Rates do not include $4/day Crown Land User Fee and 5% GST
Big Red Lodge - sleeps 12 - C$960/night (80/pers)
Red Shutter Cabin - sleeps 4 C$225/night
Josie Hotel - luxury from C$170-450 per night/room, check site for rates
Ramshead Inn - C$170-$210 per room/night
We can book all of the above lodging options for you with your cat skiing package, or you are welcome to book these other options directly.
Nowhere Special Hostel from C~$40 per bed in shared room
Luxury condos 2-5 bedroom from C$300 - C$900 per night (sleeps 2-12)
ALERT LIMITED "BIG RED LODGE" FULL CAT PACKAGES HAVE OPENED UP NOV 2ND 2018 BECAUSE OF A CANCELLATION - GREAT OPPORTUNITY AS THESE DATES OFTEN BOOK OUT A YEAR IN ADVANCE!
FULL CAT STAYING IN THE BIG RED LODGE
|# nights||# cat days||check-in check-out||Full cat||Total (plus tax)||/Pers||Days|
|3||2||21-24 feb||22 23 feb||$14,400||$1,200||Thurs-Sun|
|4||3||20-24 jan||21 22 23 jan||$21,600||$1,800||Sun-Thurs|
|4||2||20-24 jan||21 23 jan||$15,600||$1,300||Sun-Thurs|
|4||2||16-20 jan||17 19 jan||$14,680||$1,225||Thurs-Sun|
|3||2||14-17 jan||15 16 jan||$12,600||$1,050||Mon-Thurs
THE FOLLOWING AT STAYING IN THE RED SHUTTER INN:
3 nights, 2 days of cat skiing fom C$1,190/person
4 nights, 3 days of catskiing from C$1,673/person
7 nights, 3 days of cat skiing from C$1,833/person
(low season - before 19 Jan and after 11 Mar, in Red Shutter Inn)
Equipment & Photography
Included: backpack with transceiver, probe, shovel, and radio
Ski Rental C$39/day - Rossignol Soul7HD and Super7 -plenty of skis, reserve in advance or on arrival. Two pairs with "kneebinding" bindings must be reserved in advance
Board rental C$39 per day - We have only 6-8 limited sizes so best to reserve in advance - more available at the resort
Airbags - C$39/day Arcteryx - we have just 4, book in advance if you want them (we will get more if there is steady demand)
Photography private or group from C$50/person/day
- Tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE. If you prefer to have the flexibility of a refundable ticket, add the $100/day refundable ticket option. Note that in this case the $100 is not refunded, just the regular ticket price.
- Dates are flexible and need not be consecutive. Please book the ability level which pertains to the slowest person in your booking group so that they can make it through the day without having to sit runs out.
- If weather is looking potentially hazardous or just not like much fun, we'll let you know and will in many cases offer the option of a transferable rain check which is good for the remainder of the season, plus two more seasons.
- Lunch is included. Breakfast and coffee are not included, but are available starting at 6:30am next door at "FRESH Cafe & Apres"
- All prices in Canadian dollars. Cat skiing subject to $4/day Crown Land user fee and 5% GST. Lodging 16% taxes.
- Other lodging options also available, or you may book your own
- Bookings made after Labour Day 100% payable at time of booking. Before Labour day, just pay 30% a deposit, and card is preauthorized for the remainder to be billed 90 days before the trip
- All guests will be required to read and sign the Big Red Cats waiver prior to skiing
- Please take time to read and understand our terms and conditions carefully - particularly that we do not provide refunds.
- We strongly suggest that you purchase travel insurance that contains both trip cancellation insurance and medical evacuation insurance.
- Click here for more info on evacuation costs for those without insurance - costs may be higher
- We recommend that all people use fat powder skis to make the day more fun. Also, if you rent, your skis won't get damaged in transport or in the snowcat!
Cat skiing at Big Red Cats is all about the powder! With 19,300 acres and 8 mountains offering some of the best tree skiing and glades in the world, you can choose from separate trips for Expert, Advanced, and Intermediate skiers and riders (even "Uber Expert" if you dare!) - to get the level of adventure that you're looking for, or put a group of 12 together and get one seat free!
Choose from small and social lodging such as the Red Shutter Inn and cabin at Red Mountain, to group accommodation like the Big Red Lodge or modern and comfortable slopeside condos - you can book our lodging, or stay wherever you like and just book cat skiing with us. Spend every day out in the cats, or alternate with days at Red Mountain and nearby Whitewater resorts - both also renowned for their bountiful powder and interesting off-piste terrain, in Rossland and Nelson, voted #1 Ski Towns by Powder Magazine!
Enjoy apres ski at our restaurant, Fresh Cafe & Apres. Great for breakfast and coffee before skiing, you can meet your guide here in the morning before jumping on the free shuttle to the snowcats. Request a photographer, and enjoy your ski photos on the big screen over apres beverages and snacks, and come later in the evening for an excellent dinner.
Safety is our main concern, but fun is what it's all about! Our guides all have CSGA, ACMG or international equivalent guide qualifications and CAA professional avalanche training, and our year-round mechanic makes sure that we always have 6 powdercats ready to go, so that there is always a backup, and no mechanical down days.